Friday 16 September 2011

Certain changes in my Earlier Question. Please help?

Computer problem....Please help?

I use Windows XP Professional. So, I have basically two problems.



Problem1:



Whenever I switch on my computer it says %26quot;Invalid file boot.ini Loading from C:\Windows\%26quot; and then the Windows start booting.



Problem 2:



I used Nero 7. I uninstalled it. I wanted to install Nero 8 but it said that some cab file is corrupt and it rolled back all the actions performed.

Then I tried installing the Nero 7 back and it says the same thing and rolled back every action.



What is the matter with my computer?? How to eradicate these problems???







I don't have any System32 file in my C:\Program files\Windows\



I forgot to mention that a new file is created named User Images.bmp containing funny emoticons.



Many of my files of any extension (nothing in particular) are blue in color. Why is that??



I use avira as my antivirus
Certain changes in my Earlier Question. Please help?
Re-Install your windows it is the esiest and probably fastest way
Certain changes in my Earlier Question. Please help?
To fix the boot.ini problem, open 'Notepad' (Start%26gt;all Programs%26gt;Accessories) copy the following and paste it into notepad, save as 'newboot'



[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti鈥?br>
[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WI鈥?Windows XP Professional%26quot; /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT



Click Start right click My Computer choose Properties%26gt;Advanced tab.

Under startup and Recovery click Settings then Edit. Replace the boot.ini (highlight all and press backspace) with the one saved in Notepad as 'newboot', click Ok%26gt;Apply%26gt;OK restart.



Download, install, update and run full scans, in safe mode*, with these programs...



http://www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.superantispyware.com



Then re-start.



If you still can't run a scan, go into the scanner's folder and re-name the .exe file to 'MyFile.exe' and try in safe mode again. Some malware prevent the execution of anti spy/mal/virus scans by blocking them by name.

You should consider getting rid of norton for a good Anti-Virus program.

Try one of these free ones...



http://www.avast.com/eng/download.html

http://free.avg.com/download



*Note: On start up (before Windows loads) keep tapping either F5 or F8 then use arrow keys to highlight 'Safe Mode' click on a user account, enter the password (if you don't know it, there probably isn't one so leave it blank) and hit enter/return.