Friday 16 September 2011

How to make winme the default operating system?

%26quot; I want to upgrade my winme to windows xp home edit. But change my mind middle way,( ie, just after setup finish copy file from CD and restart.)

So now every time I star computer there is alway a menu ask me to choose either enter windows setup or my oringal windows me.

and the default one is setup.



How can I edit boot.ini to set the winme as default one. Any real example may be great helpful.
How to make winme the default operating system?
The best thing that you could do, is, if you already started the switch both op systems are in the computer. Your best best is to wipe them both off, format the hard drive and just stick with ME if thats what you want. BUT if you have this computer on the internet, you might want to stick with XP because Microsoft doesnt support 98/2000/or ME. Meaning you cant get security updates and protect yourself better. They are still useable, but not protected as well. As for getting JUST the ME on the computer If I were you Id start over! Good luck!!
How to make winme the default operating system?
hi



go to control panel%26gt;system%26gt;advanced tab%26gt; startup and recovery and in there select your default OS and change the time to 1sec and it will not bother you again.



hope that helps



http://www.adminspy.com
The boot.ini is going to be in the root of C .. it is a hidden file.



from command prompt you may need to change the attributes in order to edit the file:



c: %26lt;press enter%26gt;

cd\ %26lt;press enter%26gt;

attrib -r -a -s -h boot.ini %26lt;press enter%26gt;

edit boot.ini %26lt;press enter%26gt;



I'd recommend using the following article to %26quot;hide%26quot; the entries:

How to Hide Boot.ini Entries from Displaying After Multiple Installations - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=16089鈥?/a>



* PS. I'd reconsider completing the upgrade. Windows XP is a superior operating system. Windows ME was moved to %26quot;Non supported status%26quot; in July 2006.
  • hair spray
  • hair gel
  •