Friday 16 September 2011

How to return to "normal mode" from "safe mode" in windows xp professional?

I changed the setting by running %26quot;MSCONFIG%26quot; file (BOOT.INI - marked %26quot;safe mode%26quot;) to run the system in safe mode so that I can scan my laptop for viruses.

It started in SAFE MODE but is not accepting the password to log on to windows (I am sure the password is correct). Now that I want to change back to NORMAL MODE log on, it doesn't works. I pressed F8 key to run the NORMAL MODE but it always goes in SAFE MODE. I cant make changes in MSCONFIG file since I am not able to log on to syste.

Please help... how I can change back to NORMAL MODE?



I tried to press ALT+CTRL+DEL, while being in safe mode log on... but it does not work.

Might be something disabled for higher security.
How to return to %26quot;normal mode%26quot; from %26quot;safe mode%26quot; in windows xp professional?
re boot
How to return to %26quot;normal mode%26quot; from %26quot;safe mode%26quot; in windows xp professional?
The only difference between safe mode and normal mode is which drivers are loaded - nothing to do with security. Start in safe mode, log in as Administrator (no password), and run msconfig. If you can't, you need more help than you can get here - bring the computer to someone who can boot from a Linux CD and reset your boot files.