Friday 16 September 2011

How can I redownload Windows XP on my computer if I acidentally deleted it? (PLEASE HELP!!!) (involves Linux)?

please read this cause I'm desperate to get Windows XP (Home Edition) back. read this whole thing if you can but the main question is in the last paragraph. I've had a Sony Vaio home computer for over 3 years now and it originally had Windows XP installed on it and my dad said something about the computer first asking him if he wanted to make a Recovery Disk cause it didn't come with a Windows Startup disk or a Recovery disk. well he did make it and the computer burned the files onto a DVD+R disk but that disk never helped fix Windows XP.



there was one day when my brother accidentally pressed the power button on the side of the computer instead of shutting the computer down. that happened many times before and nothing happened but after that time, whenever I started the computer back up, this message would always come up when my computer started up (below, and my question continues after the message so please keep reading!)



We aplogize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.



If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.



If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.



Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt



Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)



Start Windows Normally



Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

--------------------------------------鈥?br>
well that was the whole message that showed up. none of the Safe Modes ever worked when I tried them and when I tried Last Known Good Configuration or Start Windows Normally then it would start to load then the computer restarted and went back to that same message. and I did try the F8 options thing and nothing on that list helped.



But I fortunately had a Linux (Ubuntu) disk made a long time ago and I always used that as a Live disc to go on the internet and stuff but that was really slow and sucked. so I actually installed Ubuntu on this computer and I accidentally deleted Windows XP. I've been using it for the past 2 months and I really don't like Ubuntu at all and I really want Windows XP back. so what I want to know is if I actually have to go out and find something like a Windows Startup disk or a Windows Recovery disk. and if I do then where can I find one? but if there is an actual way to reinstall it on this computer by using Ubuntu and its internet or bring it back without going and getting that disk then please let me know =] or would it work if I borrowed someones disk?



(and also I already tried the way where you get the Boot.ini, NTLDR, and Ntdetect.com files from another computer and put them onto a disk and stick it in this computer)

I would really appreciate it if someone could help or at least tell me some options that I have but nothing expensive.


How can I redownload Windows XP on my computer if I acidentally deleted it? (PLEASE HELP!!!) (involves Linux)?
You may still have windows on your computer but by putting Ubuntu on and if it does not come up with a bootloader screen EG windows / ubuntu you will never get windows back as original.

Find a friend who has a copy of windows

Download %26quot; Hirens Boot CD %26quot; burn to disk and boot from it

Choose section 1 Partition magic and reformat and partition your hard drive in NTFS

Then use friends or bought copy of windows to reinstall it