Friday 16 September 2011

How to resolve this sata hdd mystery?

This morning suddenly I lost signal from monitor and USB ports on my PC. Unable to resolve I decided to move harddrive to another system unit to retrieve data. When moved to new system unit unable to load Windows due error invalid boot.ini. (in old pc windows loaded in spite of invalid boot.ini message) then I decided to add the hdd as a second hdd to an existing config on my old pc. altough successfull to add it as second hdd, most files I was trying to recover were missing.

I feel like I am the dead end.Summary: original pc cant get signal from monitor and USB's, if i change hdd to second pc - unable to load windows due invalid boot.ini and when trying to add the hdd as second hdd on old pc - some files show up but most missing. Please heeeeeelp.!!!!! pls forward this to all tech forums and let the guys contact me on marionmasar@yahoo.co.uk if any questions!!!
How to resolve this sata hdd mystery?
Hard drive is messed up (Master Boot Record and Partition).



I had a similar problem and I was able to recover all my files using Testdisk. Your current set up is right for recovery. You just need to download and install Testdisk on the working drive (Master HDD) of the other PC where you put your drive as slave.



Follow this guide:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?a鈥?/a>
How to resolve this sata hdd mystery?
Sorry Pal, but this indicates a problem with the hard drive. First thing I would do is to check the cables on your hard drive to make sure they aren't loose, and then check each part on your computer, like the cd-rom and floppy drive by removing the cables to each of them one at a time and trying to start the computer. That will tell you if it is something else like a bad cd drive or if it could for sure be the hard drive. You could also check your ram, as this has been known to cause these problems when installed wrong. Try taking each stick out of the slot. If there is, only one stick, make sure it is installed correctly. if none of these work, it may be time for a new hard drive. If you don't know how to do any of these things, you may need to seek advice from a professional. For any other help, you can email me at

kennjame62@gmail.com.

Hope this helps!
  • finger nails turning
  • msdn
  •