Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change my boot menu?

I have Linux and windows xp home edition on my PC, I changed a couple of things and now when I boot up I only get the option to boot windows, I understand that I have to change the boot.ini file, but I am unsure to what I have to add to the text file.





I currently have the following:





[boot loader]


timeout=15


default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti鈥?br>

[operating systems]


multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WI鈥?Windows XP Home Edition%26quot; /noexecute=optin /fastdetect





I have 2 harddrives both windows and linux are on the same harddrive.|||Just install GRUB then you can decide which to boot from.. Lilo is poop





http://www.bo.infn.it/alice/alice-doc/mll-doc/linux/advanced/node49.html|||doesn%26#039;t say which linux you are using if you are using a live cd/dvd go for the install option again and fix with grub. I am dual booting win xp and Sabayon linux. You might try a post on your linux OS forum as they may be more apt to deal with this.. Good luck!