Saturday 4 June 2011

How to configure boot.ini?

my computer is installed with xp. but i just bought another hard disk to install vista. before the installation, i disconnect the old hard disk and connect the new one. then i install vista untill complete. after that, i reconnect the old hard disk that contain xp. when i turn on my computer, it dont shows boot options. so, i need to know how to make boot options appear so that i can choose whether i want to log in into xp or vista. i think i have to change boot.ini in win xp. but i dont know how. so please help me...|||Vista doesn%26#039;t use boot.ini anymore, it now used BCD store and the XP Bootloader won%26#039;t load Vista. The easiest and most autmatic way would be to install XP then vista on seprate partitions to dual boot.





You can try easy bcd and see if that helps (on vista)


http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1|||to access BOOT.INI all you have to do is Open start and select run and there type in msconfig !


A new window will open with a few different tabs and select the one saying BOOT.INI and you can edit it from there


I%26#039;m not really sure if that is going to help you much but anyway :D





EDIT:


I just read the post above me I know for sure that this method works on XP not sure about Vista XD