Saturday 4 June 2011

How to remove 2nd vista option?

How to remove 2nd Vista option on startup?


I%26#039;ve recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop %26amp; now when I boot up I get the option to choose which version I want my original Windows XP that i still use(my Primary Operating System), Windows 7, and a old Windows Vista that i use, I get 30 seconds to chose before it choses for me.





The 1st option works, and so does the 2nd one which is the Windows 7





How do I remove the 3rd option, which is Windows Vista??


Ive already tried removing it by going into the msconfig then the boot.ini, but it only shows the start up for XP, but not operating systems such as Vista or 7





Does anyone have any ideas how to remove this Vista Startup??





and when i go into the the startup bit in systems. And settings it only shows the XP startups, it says to change boot settings for vista use BCDEDIT.exe, but i dont know how to get there|||Your best bet is to download %26quot;easy BCD 1.7.* install on whatever XP


or W7 and run it, you will find everything amazingly easy as the name suggests. You add and remove entries swap preferences whatever you want and it has some very good little extras AND it%26#039;s free


Here is the direct link.


http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1