Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I direct the boot.ini file to make it Dual-Boot?

Ok I really F***ed up. I had Windows Media Center installed on Disk 0 (was on drive c:\)NTFS. on the same disk, I had another partion, FAT32 on Drive L:\. on Disk (1) I have four partions E:\ F:\ G:\ and h:\. I deleted the F:\ drive and from the unallocated space i installed windows xp professional NTFS. now it made my h:\ drive the c:\ drive. my old c:\ drive with windows Media Center is now the D:\ drive.





My problem is I cannot boot into windows media center anymore. this is my current boot.ini (only booting into xp pro):





[boot loader]


timeout=30


default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti鈥?br>

[operating systems]


multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WI鈥?Windows XP Professional%26quot; /noexecute=optin /fastdetect





And this is my old boot.ini:





[boot loader]


timeout=3


default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti鈥?br>

[operating systems]


multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WI鈥?XP Media Center Edition%26quot; /noexecute=optin /fastdetect


C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT=%26quot;Microsoft Windows Recovery Console%26quot; /cmdcons





when i copy the direct line into the boot.ini %26quot;MSCONFIG%26quot; tells me that the path is incorrect. i tried changing to disk(1) but i recieved the same error.





If anyone can give me the right context for %26quot;multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WIN鈥?for my new file system that would be great.





I need to boot into windows media center.





HELP HELP HELP|||Hmmm im not sure on this. You may wanna find a computer expert around your area and go have it looked at.