Saturday 4 June 2011

Please help. When I was in regular Windows XP mode, I changed the boot.ini in msconfig to restart in safemode.?

When I did this, I got the login screen and can%26#039;t login even when leaving the password blank as administrator or any other user (and when using the correct password too).





I%26#039;ve tried pressing F8 while the computer is restarting and selecting Normal mode to see if I could even get it back to how it used to be, but when I do that it still starts the computer in safe mode and gets me to the login screen.





My priority is to go back to the normal Windows mode. How can I do this? Your help is very much appreciated.


|||Learn form this. Do NOT play with things you do not understand. you will now need to boot into a command window, and then use a pure text editor (edit) to repair the boot.ini file. you will need to remember exactly what you changed and return it to its%26#039; exact state. Of course if you can not get paste the login (even the OS cd will tend to ask for this) you will now need to re-install the system from scratch. This will lose all your files and programs.|||boot from windows install cd and at some point you can go command prompt mode, then you can edit boot.ini again back to what it was before





(edited) you will loose nothing ... lol. you can get clean boot.ini file even from a friend, are just few lines there