Saturday 4 June 2011

Ntldr is missing continued?

I have 98se on a 10 gig harddrive. I added a 40 gig hd to it and put xp on it............I wanted to transfer some files b4 I removed 98 which is why I didn%26#039;t remove it before I put xp on (I didn%26#039;t know this was gonna happen). After doing all my updates on xp I swapped out jumpers making xp master and 98 slave. An error popped up saying ntldr missing press control alt del to restart. I went in boot area changed the boot order from c: then a: to d: which allowed me to boot into xp. My problem is how can I get ntldr on my xp harddrive without reinstalling xp or leaving 98 plugged in. can%26#039;t do repair because my disk is sp and I have upgraded to sp2. (update) I put ntldr, boot.ini, and ntdetect on floppy disk. some reason boot.ini isn%26#039;t working boot.ini is invalid then it says starting C: windows/ (at this point the c: drive is disconnected) then it loaded xp unfortunatly I can%26#039;t do it without floppy disk. (I did try just changing ntldr and ntdetect in i386 didnt work) any ideas?|||Try changing the default drive in Boot.ini. Might just work.





Otherwise you can create a SP2 disc with your CD and a copy of the SP2 patch and AutoStreamer.|||The hard drive needs to have a valid boot sector and the partition that XP is on needs to be marked as active. You will need to reformat the drive and reinstall Windows if you want it to work properly. Be sure to physically disconnect all other hard drives before installing XP.