Saturday 4 June 2011

How kan I change my Harddrive letter?

repaired pc, transfered files that I need to another h-drive then formatted h-drive c: and reinstalled win/xp...now i sit with an invalid boot ini file and the drive letter is now d:...I have removed the other drive and replaced the files that I wanted, fixed the boot ini file but now sit with C: drive as d: drive...how can I fix this?|||You can not change the name of the drive your bootable OS is on. Reinstall windows but dont have any other drives hooked up that will change your drive letters again.|||Do you have XP Pro, XP Home, Vista whatever?


It%26#039;s different for different OSs.





I%26#039;ll describe the steps in XP Pro. If you have something else amend your question please.





1. Click on start


2. Click on settings


3. Click on Control Panel


4. Click on Administrative Tools.


5. Double click on Computer Management.


6. Double click on Storage.


7. Click on Disk Management.


8. Click INSIDE the box representing the Drive you want to change.


9. Right click for menu.


10. Select %26quot;Change Drive letter and Paths%26quot;


11. Change to the desired drive letter.


12. Click on OK.


13. Click on OK again.


14. Close the Tools out and reboot if requested.