Saturday 4 June 2011

How to edit dual boot menu in xp/vista pc ?

Right now the boot menu says %26quot;older version of windows%26quot; and %26quot;windows vista %26quot;. I wanted to change the first name to%26quot;windows xp%26quot;, but I do not get any such option in boot.ini (which actually says %26quot;windows xp%26quot; there) of win xp ,or msconfig start up option of win vista(tried to use bcdedit.exe command in vista but found no such option).


Could anyone please tell me that :


1:from where is the pc picking up the master boot record : from within xp or vista


2. any idea about editing the dual bootup menu


thnx|||It%26#039;s whichever OS you installed most recently, in your case Vista.





So go into Vista, and read this Microsoft article:


http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVis鈥?/a>





I haven%26#039;t used the bcdedit tool(it%26#039;s new in vista), so I can%26#039;t help you with it.





Good luck!