Saturday 4 June 2011

XP computer will not boot?

I was trying to boot in safe mode. I opened msconfig, went to the BOOT.ini tab, and checked %26quot;Boot in safe Mode%26quot; I restarted the computer, and now it will not boot. I get to the screen that says %26quot;Windows did not start correctly, select an option: Boot in safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.%26quot; I tried all the options, but as soon as I hit enter, it starts over again. I assume that the fact that i checked %26quot;boot in safe mode%26quot; it is overriding my choices and always trying to boot in safe mode, which apparently doesn%26#039;t work. I do not know why it will not boot in safe mode, but I don%26#039;t need it to. So what I need is some way to change that setting in the BOOT.ini file. If I could access the hard drive from something else, how would I go about changing that? I need a way to edit the file.





Any help is appreciated.|||load ubuntu linux with a CD as a live user. then go into the C drive and edit the MSCONFIG program. try that.